Monday, November 7, 2011

A Call From The Doctor

Friday, November 4th I recieved a phone call from my doctor's office. I had been nervously and impatiently awaiting this call, due to some blood work I had done a couple of days before. I was totally unprepaired for what the nurse was about to tell me. A little history first -  For the last several years I have been dealing with some hormonal issues that I thought I fully understood and was keeping under control. Well, little did I know this was about to change and fast. I noticed a drastic change in my mood swings and my daily routine became too much to handle. I was always exhuasted and extremely anxious for no reason. I went from high to low very fast and was quick tempered at the drop of a hat. To make things even worse I wasn't sleeping well at night, and when I did sleep it was fitfull. So once we moved to Virginia I told my husband I could feel that something was horribly wrong and I needed to get my hormone levels checked. So I made a doctors appointment. I poured my heart out to my doctor, told her all my symptoms and then some, she listened ever so patiently and asked questions along the way.  The nurse proceeded to tell me that I had what was called Hypothyroidism. Try saying that ten times really fast. Of course I had no idea what that even was and it sounded scary. She gave me little to no detail about the issue which was not very professional in my opinion and unfair to a patient who knows nothing of this condition. Once I hung up with her, I immediately begun researching the subject and how to fix it. For those of you who don't know it's a condition of the thyroid gland, a butterfly shaped gland in the front part of your neck. It's small but it sure controls and is connected to alot of things in our body, including major organs. It's not something to take lightly by no means but if properly taken care of, a person can have a full and energetic life. So needless to say I have a long journey ahead of me in getting better and maintaining good health. I have the support and unconditional love of my husband and son here to help carry me through. But most importantly I have God who is the Great Physician and I trust Him in this very trying and uncertain time. Thank you to all my family and friends who are praying with and for me about this and I promise to keep you all posted on how things are going. God Bless!!!

No comments: