Thursday, March 12, 2015

What If?

Today is a gorgeous, warm, and breezy day. It feels like spring! Too bad I am not feeling well enough to fully enjoy this lovely weather. I am having tummy troubles today, the same kind of stomach issues I had when pregnant with Jacob. A lot of my issue is due to over consumption of gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barely, and rye, which is pretty much in everything we eat. I have had issues with gluten before but pregnancy causes my sensitivity to this protein to become so much worse. I also suffer with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, in one word, Hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism also causes one to be sensitive to gluten, so ingesting it makes my condition worse. Ugh!!!
 
Anyhoo, enough complaining.....
 
Have you ever asked yourself the question, what if?.... Last night I lay in bed trying to fall asleep and a very profound thought occurred to me, what if we dwell too much on our reality instead of our possibility. What if we think we are being a realist when really we are just not seeing the possible. I can honestly say, that too often I have made this mistake of worrying about a current situation rather than what that situation could lead to. Sometimes God takes us through certain trials to teach us things about ourselves. Some of  these turn out to be the simplest of things but so elusive to us. Like seeing the positive in the negative, choosing to be happy in an unhappy situation, bringing joy to a sad moment, to be the light in someone's darkness, even our own. Life can throw some pretty wicked curve balls our way knocking us off our feet, making it very difficult to see the good in it. As I lay there, I began to ponder what areas of my life can I see the possibility of what if? Some of the situations you face may seem impossible, you might not be willing to face them and ask what if. But we serve a God of the impossible, that makes anything possible. Our God is a God of what if's, He turns our realities into great big possibilities. It is up to us to choose the possibility and have the faith that He will change your circumstance. Take that leap with me, let us walk in possibility rather than reality. What if?
 
Belssings~
T.
 

 
 


No comments: