Wednesday, November 19, 2014

10 Weeks

 
I am 10 weeks along now, and am quite relieved. Morning sickness has come and gone and the second trimester is just around the corner. The beginning of pregnancy seems to be the hardest for me, at least it was that way with Jacob. The baby is the size of a kumquat, a fruit that I am not that familiar with, in my opinion it looks like a tiny orange. Anyhoo, my belly is definitely sticking out a little more, and my clothes are becoming too tight. I will be shopping for some maternity items soon. As a lot of people have been asking us what we want, we don't care, as long as this baby is healthy. We are choosing not to find out the sex, we want to be completely surprised. Yesterday I had my 10 week midwife appointment and was able to hear the baby's heartbeat. I think at that point it became a little more real for me. I have been in shock for the last 8 weeks or so and not really believing I was pregnant, then when I heard the fast woosh, woosh of my baby's heart it became so real. My midwife said the heartbeat was 170, which I have been told could mean it's a girl. For some reason girl's have a faster heartbeat in utero than boys. With Jacob at this point in pregnancy his heartbeat was at 140. We are so happy to be having another little one and can't wait to meet this precious little miracle. Every day Jacob asks me if the baby is here yet, I have to remind him that the baby is not done growing yet. He always puts his ear to my stomach and says, "I can hear the baby!" It warms my heart to see him already getting attached to the idea of having a sibling. I know he is going to be a wonderful big brother. I pray you all are having a good week so far. God Bless~


No comments: